Carpets can be costly. Carpets are a beautiful investment that you will love for their durability and beauty. Did you know that you can keep your carpet looking great even after years of use? It all comes down to the use of the right cleaning products. Find out more?
Cleaning your carpet with chemicals is not a good idea. There are numerous eco-friendly ways to clean carpets, get rid of stains, and keep dirt and other debris out.
Care: Regular care is necessary to keep your carpet looking new. There are several ways you can maintain your carpet.
* Vacuum it regularly
* Use hot water extraction also known to be steam cleaning.
* There is a wide range of carbonated water available. This is used to loosen the dirt and bring it to the fibers’ upper layers. Carbonated water is a great way to clean carpet.
Sprinkle baking soda onto your carpet to eliminate odors After letting the baking soda sit for around 30 minutes, vacuum it up. It acts as an antibacterial agent.
White vinegar may be helpful in removing pet odors. Gently rub pet stains on carpet by using some white vinegar. It will remove the stains, as well as the odor. Allow the carpet to dry thoroughly.
Tips Below are some helpful tips to keep dirt and soil from getting into your carpet. This will decrease your workload.
* To keep your carpets clean, use doormats to protect your entrance.
* You can ask family members and guests to remove their shoes as they enter your home.
* Add a mat/rug underneath the carpet. This prolongs its life significantly.
* Make sure to dry any spillages promptly. This will keep spills and permanent stains from developing.
* Don’t rub when you are trying to clean wet stains. A stain can penetrate the fibers of the fabric and become permanent. Instead, wipe the stain off with a moist, lintless cloth.
Here are some things that you need to keep in mind when you use green carpet cleaners.
* Healthy Ingredients There are green cleaning products and shampoos available at some green home stores. Avoid cleaners containing solvents. Instead, choose citrus and non-petrochemical cleaners.
* Eco-Friendly Companies: Choose a company that is concerned about the environment, if you intend to hire a professional carpet cleaner. Before signing any bond you should review their products, cleaning methods, and other information.
* Do not buy acidic carpet cleaners: Tributyl Tin, Hydroacetic Acid, Formaldehyde and Hydroxyacetic Acid are toxic to pets and humans.
* Household Products Database: Always verify carpet cleaning shampoo before applying it to the National Institutes of Health’s Household Product Database website. This will give you all details about the product, as well as its ingredients.
The major advantage of using environmental-friendly carpet cleaning methods is to your pocket, health and Mother Earth. These methods are so beneficial that you should not be using them.
Steam Star Carpet, Upholstery & Tile Cleaning
1a/802 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072